Friday, December 13, 2013

Sam & Suzy This Week




It was so sweet putting up the Christmas decorations. We were all wearing Christmas hats and I had Christmas music playing and Sam was bobbing his head to the songs. I gave Sam some decorations to explore with, which he loved. He had fun holding a plastic snow globe. Sam was being extra silly and army crawling all over with such a happy face. He even went under the exersaucer and hung out there for a bit, hee hee. We decorated our tree, which Sam helped put the first ornament. Definitely a lovely memory I will keep forever.

I also did our mini photo shoot for our Christmas cards. I'm excited we get to do photo Christmas cards this year! The photos I took are just priceless and I can't wait to share them, but I will wait until we mailed out our cards because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. How about on Christmas I show you the photos?

Sam:
Sam is currently cutting a top tooth. We had a couple really bad nights this past week. What makes this a little bit tougher is that it's really swollen and I can tell he's rubbing his bottom tooth over it and irritating it more.

Suzy:
Do you know that since July I have yet to lose a pound?? That's 6 weeks of me running AND eating a salad for lunch every day and the green smoothies I had for breakfast for a few months. Wow...just wow. I was feeling so positive too! I was feeling good thinking that I was losing weight. Ok, I know, it's great to feel good...but you know I just wish I could see at least ONE pound go away, to let myself know that I'm on the right track.

I guess the reason why it bugs me so much is that I just want to wear nice clothes again! Right now I can't really wear my old pants and so I've been buying jeans at Good Will because I don't want to buy new pants if I'm going to lose weight. While I'm grateful I find jeans at Good Will that fit me, they are not the flatterning. So I just feel dumpy. All the girls at work look so cute and put together, doesn't make it easier sometimes.

Sorry for the venting! This is motherhood folks! Not some celebrity who is back in her prepregnancy clothes 3 months later!

1 comments:

Dena Joan said...

A few things... First, Sam in a Santa hat and that beautiful Christmas memory of decorating the tree with him = awwwwww!! Second, Roman's Christmas pictures are so cute too and I'm dying to share them but just put cards in the mail today so I'm (im)patiently waiting... Finally, sorry that you haven't lost a pound but don't feel too bad as I've GAINED five. Ugh... Sometime between Halloween candy and Thanksgiving pie... :*( I know, I don't have the right to complain, I haven't been nearly as well-behaved as you! But, please don't be so hard on yourself, love. I'm trying not to beat myself up. We will all get where we're going eventually. <3

Post a Comment