Friday, September 6, 2013

sam & suzy: 22 weeks

my little fox


It's finally Friday! It's been crazy at work this week, summer is over and everyone is back to business and ordering their business stuffs.

Anyways!
So remember when I mentioned Sam slept through the entire night? He did it again the next day! It was amazing! And then...the next two nights weren't so stellar. First night he woke up around 3 and kept waking up once I put him down. I don't even want to know when it was when we finally fell asleep. Needless to say, it was a rough day for me that not even Starbucks could help.Then the next night, we woke up around 2. This time due to a leaky diaper. And again, he had a hard time being put down.

Two things I noticed. One, leaky diapers are usually the culprit of him waking up. So much pee!! I love our Honest diapers, but I don't know if it's me or them at night. Second, Sam hates any pacifiers lately. Heaven forbid if I try to give him puppy! Wednesday night he acted like I was giving him hot coal to suck on. And what does that mean? That means my boob is the only thing he wants and at 3 am, it's so so hard and frustrating. So we went and got overnight diapers and a new paci.

And the result? He slept all night! He only leaked when he woke up at 5:30. How can he pee so much?? But yay! We figured it out!

Other than that! Things are great. Food is becoming a big hit. We've tried avocado, carrots, peas and sweet potato. Next I want to try zucchini. Sam loves to eat too and reaches for the spoon and shoves it in his mouth. And I'd like to mention how much I love the baby magic bullet. Seriously, it's so easy to make good and it does cost less. One sweet potato gave me like 10 jars of food.

Sam:
I think he's going through a growth spurt. Not too long ago we went up to 6oz for his bottles. Daycare calls me at work letting me know that Sam is NOT happy when he finishes his bottle. Next day we made all 7oz bottles and he drank all 4 that we brought, which on most days he'll go through 3 bottles. He'll also finish a container of food too.

He's also learned the "M" sound. Crying: Muh Muh Muh! Happy: Mwa mwa! This is the first time he started making a talking sound when he's upset and crying. It's so neat to see him develop his vocab.

Suzy:
I realized at Zumba the other day, I just don't have the confidence in my body like I used to. I know all moms tell you that you're body's not the same after a baby. It never really struck me until this week. It's one thing to feel all overweight and frumpy, but it's another to just not carry myself with the confidence I once had. Watching myself at Zumba, I was unsure, small movements and just stumbling through sometimes. This is the same girl who lost 90 lbs, was a yoga champ and ran a few 5ks. Oh totally carried a baby and gave birth all natural!

It's all mental of course. And I need to work on it. Remind myself! I'm glad I made this realization though! It's something that my take time to work on, but I know I can do it! I refuse to be one of those moms who do let themselves go, wearing them mom jeans, hee hee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment