Monday, May 13, 2013

My First Mother's Day



I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day! I had such a wonderful and special day that I will never forget.

I started the day with just me and Sam chilling sleepily in bed since Rob went out running. It was so sweet just being with him. We then headed downstairs where I was greeted with a lovely bouquet of flowers and cards from my boys. I also got this print, it's from the SNES video game EarthBound. I have been wanting this print for a long time and it's just perfect for Sam's room. For breakfast I found this awesome recipe for parmesan and prosciutto waffles and Rob made them for me. OMG, amazing! Can we eat this everyday please?

After breakfast we headed to the botanical gardens. Since I am a mom I got in for free. I was surprised by how crowded it was. It was real nice because they had all these special mom activities and such. I didn't do anything extra since Sam is still super young. We brought lunch and had a picnic, something I love but rarely do. After lunch we walked around the gardens for a while. Sam spent the entire time sleeping. I would too if I was being pushed in a stroller outside surrounded by lovely smelling flowers and a cool breeze. Later we headed up by home and I grabbed me some free frozen yogurt from TCBY. All this free stuff for being a mom, score! We spent the rest of the evening eating leftover baked ziti in front of TV watching Star Trek and Doctor Who.

It was such a great day! Nothing too crazy, but that's how I like it. I told Rob I'd like to go to the botanical gardens every year for Mother's Day.

I feel so lucky to be a mom. Thanks Sam!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment