Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!







I hope everyone had a nice holiday!

Ours was lovely. We had it at our house this year. It was fun to get the house looking nice and being able to use our dinning room for a big fancy dinner. Rob's parents and one of the brothers joined us. And let us not forget the dogs.

After Rob got back from a run (we're in marathon training mode here), we opened presents. I got a pretty raw diamond necklace and a few other awesome goodies. Rob already got his gift of a leaf blower, but sprout also gave him a season pass of the latest Adventure Time. We also got sprout a couple things, like a pair of stegosaurus booties picked out by Rob. Yes, our kid will be into dinosaurs!

For breakfast I made a prefect batch of steel cut oatmeal. No chocolate chips this time, I put walnuts and cherries. Walnuts is almost as good as chocolate chips. Then it was prep time! I made sweet potato casserole, which turned out so good! No gooey marshmallows or pecans, just sweet potatoes, some cinnamon, orange zest and juice, a bit of brown sugar and some butter. I also made the ever popular sour cream biscuits. And of course there were the cookies I had made throughout the week. I love all this baking a cooking!

We just spent the day chilling, watching tv, eating dinner and then we all watched a movie while digesting. It was a nice low key Christmas. I did miss my family a lot, 'specially when my dad told me all the good things they were making, including traditional Croatian dishes. One year we'll make spend it with them again.

I can't WAIT for next year when we have a baby to celebrate it with. I think everyone is excited about that as well!



0 comments:

Post a Comment